14 Thoughts on How to Get Away With Murder: “Meet Bonnie” — Oct. 22, 2015
Sometimes I think I’m over How To Get Away with Murder, but sometimes I’m delusional. Miss Shonda has me ensnared in her web, there is no way out! Here are some stream-of-consciousness ramblings.
- Bonnie gives off a sketchy vibe at times, but this story about why she killed Sam sounds legit. Poor Bonnie. Of course, this convoluted murder mystery has been going on so long now that I can’t recall all the who, what, where, when and how.
- Confession, I spent all Season 1 hate-watching , but I’m warming up to the Scooby Gang. Connor is unapologetically bitchy, gotta respect that. It’s not that I like Asher, per se, it’s complicated. Pro: Matt McGorry is a talented actor, and Asher is supposed to be a jerk. Con: Asher is a jerk.
- Laurel remains on the pay-no-mind list. Her sleazy tryst with Frank isn’t helping. They are leaving a lot of DNA in that basement. Ew.
- Miss Shonda doesn’t get enough credit for dropping truth bombs about race, gender, sex and status. There have been some preachy articles about Olivia Pope and Annalise’ Keating’s love lives, but Miss Shonda has deep thoughts. You see it in scenes like Annalise giving Asher some straight talk about his poor-little-rich frat-boy worldview.
- That said, it’s still not clear how framing Nate for Sam’s murder was a solid plan. A black man accused of killing a white man: go to jail, go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Professor Keating thought she’d get him off the hook, but a Hail Mary pass is not the way to go.
- Poor Oliver. He is the Poor Edith of this show. Just sitting at his computer having his heart broken by Connor repeatedly. No happy ending for Oliver.
- That’s now how I meant it, pervs.
- Rebecca is almost as annoying dead as she was alive.
- OMG, Bonnie, please don’t sob! Her dark night of the soul is real.
- Asher, ugh, this is the wrong time to do the right thing. Are you crazy? Bonnie is falling apart right now, just give her a hug.
- Wow, look at all that money in the warehouse or garage or storage facility or wherever the Scooby Gang is supposed to be. This is all kinds of Breaking Bad right now. Can you imagine? They are all walking away from it in disgust. Gotta say, I would be stuffing stacks in my purse. Wes could grab some dough and move out of that seedy apartment. Buy a condo, pay off your student loans, get a car, shop for new outfits, nobody will judge you, Wes.
- Wait, what? Why is there video of this incestuous depravity? Poor Bonnie, her father videotaped this. Why is Annalise holding on to it? She had to convert it from VCR to digital and then store it on a flash drive because she suspected that one day Bonnie would kill a would-be-rapist and Annalise would need this tragic backstory so that a law student wouldn’t squeal on Bonnie? That makes no sense.
- Stop making sense, this is a riveting and emotional scene! Asher understands Bonnie now and would never go to the authorities.
- Damnit, Asher!
How to Get Away with Murder airs Thursdays at 10/9c on ABC