17 Facts about Sleepy Hollow’s Joe Corbin
Sleepy Hollow’s Season 3 returns on Thursday, we’re in the midst of a weeklong celebration. One of the welcome casting announcements was the return of Zach Appelman as Joe Corbin, who appeared in the episode “And the Abyss Gazes Back.” Here’s a refresher course.
- Joe’s introduction to SleepyHollow viewers was in a bar brawl, which Abbie broke up.
- After Joe and Abbie exchanged a few words, Ichabod walked over to ask, “Lieutenant, you’re acquainted with this ‘runty bull?’”
- Abbie referred to young Corbin as “Joey,” but he said that nobody calls him that.
- He bitterly resented Abbie, because he was jealous of her relationship with his father and her mentor, Sheriff August Corbin, saying: “You’re not my family, you’re not my friend. You’re some charity case my dad took pity on, and you got him killed.”
- Joe missed Sheriff Corbin’s funeral because he was in Afghanistan.
- Joe was 9 around the time that Sheriff Corbin apprehended young Abbie and set her on the right path.
- Abbie used to babysit Joe.
- As a child, Joe wore Superman pajamas and jumped around on the couch, screaming, “I’ll save you!” to Abbie.
- He signed up for the Marines the night Sheriff Corbin forgot about their fishing trip because he was teaching Abbie to shoot.
- Joe enrolled in the Marines to punish his dad. He said he thought, “All right, he’ll push me away, I will push him right back. If I die at war, he’ll have to live with that.”
- Joe was the sole survivor of a platoon attack. He received an honorable discharge.
- He’s an online gamer. The game involves rabid zombies and Ichabod got hooked on it.
- He hates needles but has a pierced ear.
- Joe didn’t realize how proud of him his father was until Abbie told him.
- After he was cured of the Wendigo curse, Joe decided he’d like to carry the torch. He asked Abbie for a recommendation letter to Quantico.
- He may or may not know that a damn sexy hobo was squatting at Sheriff Corbin’s Trout Lake cabin.
- The sheriff had a photo of Abbie in his office and a photo of Jenny in his cabin. When Abbie looked at a picture on his desk in the pilot, Corbin was with two kids, so maybe Joe has a sibling or a cousin?
Sleepy Hollow’s season premiere is at 9/8c Thursday on Fox.
Want to share one of your insightful comments about Joe Corbin’s return? They don’t appear right away, but we promise we’ll get to them after we pick up some Jincan juice.