22 Thoughts on Sleepy Hollow: “This Red Lady from Caribee” — Nov. 5, 2015
That first sound you hear is Sleepyheads sharpening their knives. Tonight’s Sleepy Hollow episode was pretty good—except for the part where we all broke up with Ichabod Crane and started looking for a new boyfriend. Here’s a hint. Here are 22 stream-of-consciousness ramblings on tonight’s episode.
- Soooooo, Ichabod goes on a date with Crextra. In the last episode, he offered to escort her to dinner. “Escort” better not mean “treat.” If Ichabod reaches into his pocket, I will reach through the screen, grab that hibachi knife and shiv him myself.
- Whatever, Abbie is brainy, brave, beautiful and her new hairstyle is gorgeous.
- My girl Pandora is up to the usual monkeyshines in her lair. She’s talking to her CGI tree again and she summons some sort of killer bee lady. I love Pandora more than Ichabod right now. I will ship her with Abbie. #Pabbie #Andora #Doramills #Adora
- I am actively pursuing a search for Abbie’s hair product. Where do you find that gloss-spray?
- After the bee lady strikes and kills a judge, Ichabod tells Abbie, “I fear the foul creature is far from done.” He’s talking about whoever thought this was a good moment in time for Crane to go on a date with a bland extra who has been shipping herself with him.
- Bland extras don’t have that bouncing and behaving ‘do.
- Yay, Grace Dixon flashback! That takes my mind off the hibachi horror. Grace worked with one of General Washington’s most important operatives. You guessed it, here comes Honey Boob Boob. Betsy Ross is a seamstress, she should be able to sew a complete blouse. You know what? This is the first Season 3 flashback that didn’t make me stabby. I will not shiv the writer who brought back Grace Dixon.
- That hair, tho…
- During an investigation of another bee lady death, Daniel catches Abbie on the phone with Crane and snaps at her to focus. While getting snippy with Abbie is a shivvable offense, he’s annoyed about Ichabod, so let’s give him a pass.
- Not to get off-topic, but after being attacked by Danny and taking him down, Abbie’s hair is still on point.
- Remember how I maintained that Jenny and Joe are like siblings? That was some of the Jincan juice talking. That Caribbean medicine man asks if they are dating. Extras used to say that about Ichabbie. The medicine man offers something for those “long, long nights.” Okay, the writers may be positioning these two as the new Sleepy Hollow. Unlike some other partners I can think of, we might actually get to see a position on those long, long nights…
- You think that botanica sells any hair products?
- It’s cool to hear Daniel reminisce about his time in the Outer Banks with Abbie, but a flashback could come in handy here. Just a close-up of him putting his Visa card in the little leather restaurant-bill thing would be enough.
- Abbie will have even more cash for appointments with the stylist when she kicks out that freeloader.
- Abbie and Crane search for the bee lady’s hive. He says something or other that makes Abbie say, “I hate it when you’re right.” Don’t worry, Abs; that is not much of a problem right now. Abbie is using fire to attack the bees. At least Little Abbie Oakley is not shooting at the swarm.
- Those bees better not muss her hair.
- Crane confronts Pandora and pulls out his crossbow. Pandora essentially rolls her eyes and disappears into her treehouse. She’s probably in there writing Ichabbie fan-fic.
- She is also using her magic watery portal to find out who does Abbie’s hair.
- Okay, Daniel is cured by some magic potion and in the hospital now. Fortunately, he doesn’t remember his, ahem, stinging words. Abbie doesn’t bring him flowers, all the florists in town have been cleaned out.
- Ichabod meets Crextra and brings her flowers. She brings him flowers, too. He might as well put those flowers on his headstone because Crane is a dead man.
- Dead men don’t get to run their fingers through Abbie’s hair.
The full recap will be up next week. (Mr. and Mrs. TVRD are going to a wedding this weekend. She will try not to lunge for the bouquet and start beating people with it….)
We love the clever comments from Sleepyheads. They don’t appear right away, but we’ll get to them after we wipe the blood off this shiv.
Sleepy Hollow air Thursdays at 9/8c on Fox.