Five UnREAL Characters I Want as REAL friends
Have you watched UnREAL on Lifetime yet? If not, get to it. It’s wicked. (If you are from Boston, it’s wicked good )
- Quinn, the queen bee producer of reality dating show, “Everlasting” is an expert evil queen. Intense, high-strung, willing to break hearts and destroy lives in the name of ratings. God, I love her. She strikes me as the type of friend that you meet for cocktails, sample sales and swapping prescription sedatives. Just don’t ever agree to be on her show and you should be okay.
- Rachel. Oh, Rachel. Such a mess, but so talented. She’s the type of girl who could school you in “walk of shame” protocol. What we learned this week was, use hand sanitizer all over your body, flip the undies inside out so get another day out of them and don’t be shy about taking what you need to freshen up. If you happen upon a hot acquaintance taking a shower, just barge in. Water conservation, people. The other cool thing about Rachel is when she’s exhausted from being kind of evil, she has the most entertaining breaks from reality. No pun intended.
- Producer Jay is the kind of charmer who can help you find the most likely candidate for poor life choices. Educated and polished Shamiqua has too much grace and dignity to be a cliché. Bye, Shamiqua. Hello, Athena. She’s got her own aspirations and will happily fill the role of Nene or Omarosa. Perhaps she will be a Nomarosa. BTW, I love Nene and want her to be my friend, too. She’s rich, bitch. She’d shield you if you happen to encounter Omarosa.
- Faith. Sweet, Faith. The underdog contestant warm, exceedingly polite and doesn’t seem to have a mean bone in her body. I just want to be friends with her because I don’t know anyone like that. It would be novel.
- Behind-the-scenes malcontent Shia is kind of a pill so I don’t to be besties with her, but she’s so bitter and resentful, she’s the one most likely to provide gossipy ammunition against your enemies.
UnREAL airs on Mondays at 10/9c.