6 Tips for Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce’s Abby
Now that Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce’s Abby McCarthy and Jake’s reconciliation attempt is kaput—maybe—she has to go through the heartbreak all over again. But as Barbara, her tough-talking editor and fellow divorcee is quick to point out, Abby doesn’t have it that bad. Here are recovery tips.
- Walk around her house. Abby McCarthy’s home is spacious, airy, filled with cool furniture and artwork and there’s that built-in pool. She can grieve the end of her marriage in comfort and style.
- Coordinate a ladies’ night. It’s called Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce not The Lone Wolf’s Guide. Abby needs to patch things up with her BFF Jo. She also has been quite lax when it comes to her relationships with Phoebe and Delia.
- Host a theme party. It only took a couple of hours for Abby to transform her living room into a retro rave for an impromptu private party with Jake. Abby busted out the glow sticks, mood lights and techno music in under a couple of hours. Bonus points for finding shiny gold shorts in her closet and being able to fit into them.
- Donate to charity. Neither Abby nor any grownup should wear shiny gold shorts, she can hand them over to Goodwill. And there are plenty of women who could benefit from her designer outfits. She should donate them to ladies in need—such as TV bloggers…
- Focus her energy on “work.” A public meltdown over her strained marriage led to a new career as a celebrity divorcee. Now Abby’s job responsibilities include dates with attractive successful bachelors like Dr. Harris. That’s a fine reason to become a workaholic.
- Gloat about her inferior successor. After breaking up with Abby, Jake moved on with Becca Riley, a low-tier starlet with a CW show. Becca’s not exactly Angelina Jolie. There’s not much chance that Abby will have to relive the pain every time she passes a newsstand. Taking the high road is vastly overrated.
Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce airs Tuesdays at 10/9c on Bravo.