Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce: 5 Times the Girlfriends were Real Housewives
Season 2 of Bravo’s Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce has featured quite a few tense moments. Some of Abby McCarthy’s misadventures come straight from the playbook for Bravo’s Real Housewives franchise. How fitting that Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’ Kyle Richards did a cameo this season, she must have felt right at home.
- Ruined parties. Abby pushed her way to center stage at a party honoring Phoebe and was a boozy mess at Delia’s bachelorette party. It got so bad, Abby rushed the stage and started peeling off her clothes. Sabotaging festivities is a Real Housewife staple. Real Housewives of Atlanta’s Kenya Moore hosted a boat party this season and it ended in a violent brawl between Cynthia Bailey and Porsha Stewart.
- Throwing Shade at Friends’ Relationships: Abby had some choice words about Delia’s relationship with Gordon. Yes, the relationship is doomed but Abby—of all people—doesn’t have any business talking about other people’s rocky love lives. During a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, Real Housewives of New York’s Ramona Singer predicted that Bethenny Frankel would mess up her relationship with Jason Hoppy. The relationship did crash and burn, but so did Ramona’s marriage to Mario so there’s a lesson in there.
- Throwing drinks. When Abby insulted Delia, the bride-to-be tossed a drink in her face. Classic Housewife maneuver. Unhappy with what her former friend said about her in the press, Tamra Barney splashed Jeana Keogh on Real Housewives of Orange County. Ramona Singer actually managed to draw blood. During a getaway in the Berkshires, Ramona didn’t just toss a drink at fellow RHONY Kristen Taekman, she threw the plastic glass, which cut Kristen’s lip. These ladies need to learn how to hold their liquor … in their hands.
- Pulling no-shows: Real Housewife of Beverly Hills’ Kim Richards was notorious for being MIA during outings and it was an annoyance to her sister Kyle. Abby has been so focused on herself she’s out of the loop and seems to be absent a lot when Jo, Delia and Phoebe get together.
- Mean Tweets. After breaking up with celebrity physician Dr. Harris, Abby spotted his fans lining up for a book-signing at the Grove and an awkward scene ensued. The doc’s fans were not impressed and had a lot of unkind words for Abby on Twitter including “Dumpster whore”. Social media battles are business as usual for Real Housewives. Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Lisa Rinna and Yolanda Foster had a vicious Twitter battle recently.
Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce airs Tuesdays at 10/9 on Bravo