5 Ways I Tried to Be Like Empire’s Cookie Lyon
- Okay, here’s a fun fact: My childhood nickname is Cookie. So I’m already winning, right?
- In terms of fashion, I was in luck. I live for animal print. I had to dig deep for a faux fur coat and came across a reasonably sassy hat. Hoop earrings on, let’s take this baby for a test-drive.
- I practiced my saunter. It was freezing out. Unlike Cookie, I’m a weather wimp and wasn’t about to go outside in the cold. I just worked up the nerve to slink around the building complex, stroll through the lobby with an attitude and toss off my “fur” in a devil-may-care manner. The doorman clearly thinks I’m in need of meds.
- I don’t care what he thinks. I got in touch with my inner Cookie and delivered some severe side-eye. Nobody looks at Cookie all crazy. I wasn’t having it.
- In the elevator, I ran into the clinically insane neighbor who shrieks at her three rude boys nightly. Every. Single. Night. Unlike Cookie, I’ve got to make due with thin walls. Anyway, we’ve had heated discussions in the past, but this time I just smiled and called her “Boo-Boo Kitty” as I passed. Let the heifer think about that.
- Cookie’s a realist. At the end of the day, I realized that like Icarus, I flew too close to the sun. From now on, I’m just gonna sit back on Wednesday nights and watch Empire like everyone else. At least until Halloween, then I’ll try it again.
*Okay, my nickname really is Cookie and I do love animal print, but I didn’t do any of this. A girl can dream, right?