9 Questions About Empire
- Why does Lucious Lyon stroll about in a suit and a du-rag? Does he go to the office like that?
- Lucious shooed away the stylist who was glopping relaxer on his head during a business talk. How long did it stay on? Did he get a chance to shampoo afterward? How badly did Lucious’ scalp burn?
- Lucious has taken to carrying around a baseball bat. Is it for protection? Why does he need it? Lucious has guns.
- Cookie sent sexts of her firm cookies to her boyfriend who is running for mayor. Once they were exposed, he shut down reporters by taking off his shirt, but that’s it. Why didn’t the script require him to take off his pants? It was a poor directorial decision. If you’re gonna get Taye Diggs to strip, be thorough.
- What’s up with the blue light washing the room when Jamal ODs on pills? It’s weird but probably represents something or other. Or it’s weird.
- Why are we pretending there is a competition between Hakeem and Andre? Andre is an intelligent, attractive executive in the music industry who might be able to do more for Nessa’s career than Hakeem who… Well, Andre and Nessa already had sex so, Hakeem should walk away.
- Where is ghost Rhonda? She had a threesome with Andre and Nessa and then just disappeared. Maybe that’s all she needed to do to move toward the white light.
- Is Becky stupid? She let Xavier, her rival at Empire, steal one of her ideas and take all the credit. Then he came back for more help and promised that he’d be on the up-and-up this time, which was a lie she fell for it again. Becky needs to learn the adage: “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.”
- When did Andre Lyon become such a badass mastermind? He’s orchestrating some kind of Empire coup, which is fine because Lucious is a horrible person who should get a comeuppance, but we know he won’t because Lucious never has to pay for his sins. Still, good for Andre trying to stick it to the old man.
For a full recap of last night’s episode, go on over to The Root.
Empire airs Wednesdays at 9/8c on Fox.